Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chicken Thighs A la Chef

So I was bemoaning the fact that I had accidentally bought bone - in thighs for our BBQ. Chef asked why I'd want boneless - cause your Mom is lazy and wants "easy", Darling:) I want them to cook fast!

Anyway, he blanches his and then "gives them color" on the BBQ. Pressing for details, he told me to have the water just at a very low simmer (if that). As I understand it, the meat cooks more thoroughly to the bone. Then one can reduce the broth and make soup base, etc. I thought broth came in cans! Just kidding, Brian. Thanks for your help, as usual.

2 comments:

annette said...

I love this tip to keep chicken from getting too dry on the grill, and yet still have that flavor AND have some real chicken broth. Who could ask for more? :)

JeanMac said...

Hi, Annie.